DescriptionBlazing Angels is an air combat arcade game putting the player at the command of a fighter squadron in the Second World War. It's a pick-up-and-play type of game, with easy-to-grasp controls and an almost non existent learning curve.
The action covers the most important moments of the WWII, from the Battle for England to the bombing raids over Berlin, but also warps a bit the history to make for some entertaining if fictitious moments (i.e. you get to fly over Normandy on D-Day, save the day at Pearl Harbor, etc). The gameplay is quite varied, with about 18 flyable planes during the SP campaign (fighters, recon planes, dive, torpedo and level bombers) and diverse tasks and locations that prevent the game from being overly repetitive, despite a general dogfighting approach. The basic squadron command system and the specific abilities of the wingmen lend a bit of a tactical flavor to the game.
There are a dozen multiplayer game modes available: solo (Dogfight, Seek and Destroy & Aces High), co-op (Dogfight, Onslaught, Bombing Run, Kamikaze and Historical Missions) and squad-based (Dogfight, Capture the Base, Bombing Run and Kamikaze).
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "熾焰飛將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "炽天使：二战空骑兵" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Ангелы Смерти: Асы Второй Мировой" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: A6M Zero
- Aircraft: B-17 Flying Fortress
- Aircraft: F4F Wildcat
- Aircraft: F4U Corsair
- Aircraft: F6F Hellcat
- Aircraft: Focke-Wulf Fw 190
- Aircraft: Hawker Hurricane
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 110
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Me 262
- Aircraft: P-47 Thunderbolt
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
- Blazing Angels series
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Middleware: DemonWare
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Informer Magazine||Feb, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Feb, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpy||Jan 12, 2007||70|
|GameDaily||Jan 10, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|GotNext||Mar 30, 2007||70|
|Game Captain||Apr 11, 2007||68 out of 100||68|
|4Players.de||Mar 06, 2007||68 out of 100||68|
|Daily Game||Feb 05, 2007||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Cheat Code Central||Dec, 2006||2.8 out of 5||56|
|FZ||May 08, 2007||30|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Aug 22, 2015
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Information about Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII at Wikipedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Blazing Angels.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.