DescriptionThe plot of Castlevania Chronicles is similar to that of the first Castlevania: in the end of the 17th century the dreadful vampire Dracula is resurrected after a century of slumber. The people in Transylvania flee in horror, but the brave Simon Belmont takes his Vampire Killer whip and ventures into the ominous castle to put an end to the Lord of Darkness.
The similarities to the first installment of the series are also evident in the game's overall structure and basic gameplay, as well as in level design and usable items. Most of the weapons and items from the first game return, with more rare and hidden items making an appearance. Familiar stages have been re-designed, and many new stages are introduced as well.
The PlayStation version includes a new rendered intro and ending, enhanced music and graphic effects, as well as an easier difficulty level ("Arrange Mode"). The original difficulty level from the Sharp X68000 release is present as well ("Original Mode").
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
There are 66 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Castlevania Chronicle: Akumajō Dracula" -- Japanese PlayStation title
- "Akumajō Dracula" -- Sharp X68000 title
Part of the Following Groups
- Castlevania / Akumajō Dracula series
- Enhanced remakes
- Fictional character: Count Dracula
- Theme: Vampires
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Inconsistency in credits||3||GTramp (47298)
Aug 29, 2012
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- 411MANIA | Castlevania Chronicles (PSN) Review (Game review. (December 2008))
- Konami: Castlevania Chronicles (Official website.)
- Wikipedia: Castlevania Chronicles (Information about Castlevania Chronicles at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.