DescriptionActing as a prequel to 2008's Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of four colonists caught at the start of the spreading infection. The player jumps between these characters throughout the game, and travels from the Aegis VII colony to the USG Ishimura; both locations from the original game. Two player co-op is also available.
Gameplay is handled as an on-rails shooter. The player has no active control over their movement, and limited control over their view. In the Wii version, the Wiimote is used to handle weapons from the original game, with gestures like turning the remote sideways used to switch to a secondary fire mode, or holding the remote up to your ear to play discovered audio logs. The touted "strategic dismemberment" system from Dead Space also returns here, requiring careful aim against limbs to reliably take creatures down.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 27, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Just Push Start||Jan 30, 2011||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Chapter namesJust like in the original game, the first letters of the chapter names spell out a phrase. In Dead Space: Extraction, it's "WARREN LIES". This refers to one of the main characters.
German versionIn the German version all cut off limbs of humans, scripted sequences in which humans die and a part of the last boss fight were removed.
- 2009 - Best Wii Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Most Memorable Moment (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Game No One Played (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Game No One Played (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - The Don't Judge a Book Award
- Best Wii Shooter (Editors' Choice)
- Best Wii Shooter (Readers' Choice)
- Best Wii Story (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Dead Space: Extraction (article in the open encyclopedia)
Franchise Executive Producer:
Sr. Vice President, Group General Manager: