DescriptionDiRt 3 is a rally racing game. Just like expected, most time is spent in races which, at least in most scenarios, are set in offroad environments. The main difference to other racing events is, that the player drives not alone, but has a front-seat passenger with him, who announces when to turn. The game features overall 98 courses, but some of those are just variations of the same. Also on board is the iconic ability to turn back time after screwing up.
In contrast to DiRt 2, in this installment there are other playing modes than the career available, e.g. a single race. But the career is still the heart of the game; here the player tunes his car, participates in races and earns experience points, which are used to unlock new cars. There are six different race modes to solve during the career; e.g. regular races and "trailblazer" (no passenger available). Two of those are newly introduced: drift tournaments and Gymkhana, which are basically confined areas with a lot of stunt opportunities - the goal is to perform as many as possible in a limited time. Additionally every mode has special tricky bonus goals which reward more experience when fulfilled.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 42 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi Quattro
- Automobile: BMW Z4
- Automobile: Ford Fiesta
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Lancia Delta
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Peugeot 207
- Automobile: Renault 5
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Colin McRae Rally / DiRT rally series
- Game Engine: Ego Game Technology Engine
- Japanese Xbox 360 game releases with full English support
- Setting: African
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - Los Angeles
There are no reviews for this game.
|MMGN||May 30, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.fr||May 24, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||May 27, 2011||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamekult||May 23, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|GamingBolt||Jun 05, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 20, 2011||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- GameStar/GamePro (Germany)
- 2011 - #2 Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/2012 - Best Racing Game in 2011 (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- DiRT 3 (Official website (Multilingual))
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: DiRT 3 (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)