The Godfather II (PlayStation 3)

3.3
Written by  :  Simon Koetsier (422)
Written on  :  Aug 05, 2010
Platform  :  PlayStation 3
Rating  :  3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars

read more reviews by Simon Koetsier

Summary

Good, but not great

The Good

Since I played the first game, I expected a lot from this sequel. It is very similar to the first part, with an addition of playing multiplayer. It's a nice touch, which brings a new feeling to this game. You can send family members to take over businesses, or defend it from an rival family. It's an fun experience, but it doesn't last long as you play only in one limited area with one family tree. Another nice addition is the ability to free roam whenever you want.

The Bad

There are some things that I did not like about this game. One is the graphics, I think that like they look to cartoonish and to similar to the first game. It would have been nicer if they have given it an more realistic approach. The second thing is the story, I feel like there is almost not story and that the classic missions are gone. Also the map feels smaller.

The Bottom Line

I expected a lot from the sequel, but i'm a but disappointed with the result. It would have been nicer if they made this game closer to the original game, and change the graphics. I would only recommend it to the players of the original game.