DescriptionGuitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is the third full game in the Guitar Hero series and fourth game overall. The gameplay remains similar to the previous games: using a guitar-shaped controller, you need to coordinate pressing the five fret buttons and strumming to the scrolling notes on screen. Missing notes will cause your performance meter to drop; if the meter drops too low then the performance is a failure and you will need to try again. This edition of the game features 71 new songs to play from various artists including Cream, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Santana, Sonic Youth, Weezer, and many more. In addition to the available songs the game also features "boss battles" against famous guitarists such as Slash, Tom Morello and Lou the Devil. Several game modes are available including career mode, co-op mode, and multiplayer mode. In addition to the main game modes, training and practice modes are available to aid in learning the game or figuring out a tricky passage in a song.
In career mode you play the part of a wanna-be rock star. Beginning with easier songs in small venues, you need to successfully complete tracks to make your way up to a superstar. Each venue you play requires a certain number of songs to be performed before you can move on to the next larger venue. Successful completion of songs also earns money which can be used to unlock characters, outfits, new guitars, and other bonuses.
The co-op career mode is similar to the single player variation, except two players work together (one on lead guitar, the other on bass or rhythm guitar) to complete songs.
The multiplayer game modes allow two players to compete against each other. In the Face-Off variation, two players take turns performing a song. The Pro Face-Off variation allows two players to compete at the same time playing the exact same note chart. Finally, in the battle mode each player can earn power ups by performing well which can be used to disrupt the other player.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 93 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Guitar Hero III: Легенды рока" -- Russian title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games with dynamic advertisements
- Genre: Simulation - Music
- Guitar Hero series
- Hero music games
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Famous musicians
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Gaming Target||Jan 29, 2008||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Futuregamez.net||Nov 14, 2007||90 out of 100||90|
|Gamernode||Nov 02, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamesmania.de||Nov 27, 2007||89 out of 100||89|
|Armchair Empire, The||Nov 07, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Meristation||Nov 23, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GamingExcellence||Jan 28, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 27, 2007||80|
|EmpireOnline.com||Nov 09, 2007||80|
|USA Today||Nov 08, 2007||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Free disc replacements for Wii version coming soon||1||Servo (57408)
Jan 17, 2008
|Will it blend?||6||Servo (57408)
Dec 04, 2007
|Watch out for sound/guitar problems in Wii version||1||Servo (57408)
Nov 01, 2007
- 2007 – #2 Best Dexterity Game of the Year
- Apple Design Awards
- 2008 - Best Mac OS X Leopard Game
- 2007 – #5 Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – Wii Music Game of the Year
- 2008 – Special Achievement in DLC (for its release of Metallica's Death Magnetic)
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- March 28 - 2008 - Best Family & Lifestyle Game in 2007 (Readers' Vote)
- 2008 - Best of Show Award
Related Web Sites
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Official game website)
- So You Want to Be a Star (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, with commentary provided by Director of Development Glenda Adams (December, 2008).)
- Wikipedia: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Article in the open encyclopedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Guitar Hero 3.)
Developed by Neversoft: