John Woo presents Stranglehold™, from the acclaimed action director, is a stunning 3rd-person action adventure videogame for Xbox 360™.Become Inspector Tequila Yuen, signature role of international superstar Chow Yun-Fat, and continue the story of the influential action film, Hard Boiled.
- Signature cinematic action:In combination with John Woo’s direction of cut-scenes and overall story, Stranglehold lets you star in a blockbuster action movie with signature dual-wielding, stunt-laden gunplay combined with exhilarating cinematography, heart-stopping stunts, and frenetic vehicle combat.
- Amazing gunplay and stunts:Pull off incredible stunts during intense gun battles without complex controls, allowing you to experience the excitement of a John Woo film by running up railings, swinging on chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects.
- Massive D™ physics: An innovative physics engine gives you unprecedented interactivity by using environments as weapons. Carve your own unique path of destruction through each environment.Bring huge walls, heavy signs, and other deadly objects down on your enemies.
- Innovative Tequila Time™ mechanic: John Woo is the originator of cinematic action, while other games are merely imitators. WithStranglehold's unique Tequila Time™ slow-motion system, pull off amazing gunplay stunts with easy "pick up and play" controls.
- Unreal 3.0and Havok:Using ahighly modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold breathes new life into game environments and characters through true next-gen graphics. Incredible "Rock 'n' Roll" physics make it possible for everything in the world to be destructible and interactive, allowing for an ever changing battleground based on your own preferences.
As a hard boiled cop, wage a personal war on Hong Kong drug lords.Your loyalties to the force are tested when your wife is kidnapped by the Russian mob in Chicago.Struggle to balance your duty to uphold the law with doing what it takes to save your family.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15816) on Sep 18, 2010.
John Woo and Chow Yun-Fat's Hong Kong style action shooter is sure to grab you by the throat.
- Use the environment as a weapon to carve your own path of destruction through cities.
- Engage the enemy in Tequila Time by targeting and firing in real time while the world dramatically slows.
- From the developers of the critically acclaimed Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.
Intense Hong Kong movie style action comes straight to your home with this third person shooter, Stranglehold. Starring international film star, Chow Yun-Fat (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Bulletproof Monk), and the talents of renowned action film director, John Woo (Face/Off, The Killer), the game mixes high octane shooting with a movie style production that includes protagonist Inspector "Tequila" Yuen from Woo and Yun-Fat's last silver screen collaboration; the critically acclaimed Hard Boiled.
As Inspector Yuen, gamers are invited to take up arms and take down organized crime bosses in a tale of revenge set across Hong Kong and Chicago. Each game environment is highly detailed and destructible, a feature that persists throughout the game world. Tequila is able to dual-wield his myriad of guns, and perform stunts typical of a Woo directed film, running up railings, swinging from chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects in a deadly ballet of hyperkinetic, choreographed action and freeze-framed sequences.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15816) on May 21, 2010.