DescriptionMetal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is an enhanced version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
Included with the release is the entire game of MGS3: Snake Eater with a number of additions. The European Extreme has been added as an available difficulty level, being the hardest difficulty level in the entire series. New face paints and more camera angles have been added to the mix, as well as a myriad of other features including a Duel Mode, allowing players to face off against their favorite bosses anytime they want. Back by popular demand, Snake vs. Monkey has also returned with more maps than before!
Beside this, included on the bonus disk is a new online mode. This new mode allows players to play MGS3 online with other players around the world. Sony's servers allow the player to keep track of stats and friends. Players can play with others around the world in different match types such as Capture mission and Sneaking missions. To wrap up the original trilogy, Subsistence comes with the original version of the MSX games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Never before released in America, the inclusion of these two games wraps up the entire series of games in the original trilogy of the origins of Solid and Naked Snake.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 80 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "MGS3S" -- Common abbreviation
- "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - HD Edition" -- PlayStation 3 / US PS Vita title
- "Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition" -- Japanese PlayStation Vita PSN title
Part of the Following Groups
|Tough and gamey, with a strong aftertaste.||krisko6 (472)|
|Yeah, but how does it taste?||Adzuken (818)|
|The Digital Fix||Feb 02, 2012||10 out of 10||100|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|AAAAAAAAAAAARGH @#&$@)#&||29||Foxhack (12856)
Jun 04, 2008
- 2006 – #8 Console Game of the Year
- 2006 – #4 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS2 Action Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.