DescriptionIn the year 2010 mankind has built its first space colony, Beyond Coast. Three years later the founders of the colony felt it needed to be protected, and chose five best policemen from Earth to do that: Gates Becker from Scotland Yard, the Japanese Sadaoki Tokugawa, Salvatore Toscanini from New York, and two policemen from Los Angeles: Jonathan Ingram and his best friend Ed Brown. During a routine patrol on Beyond Coast, something happened to Jonathan's space suit. He was sucked into space and presumed dead. Twenty-five years later, he is miraculously discovered in his life pod, alive. He still looks like a young man, but in reality he is fifty-five years old.
Trying to forget his past, Jonathan opens an investigation agency on Earth. One day, his ex-wife unexpectedly pays him a visit. She has re-married during Jonathan's prolonged absence, and asks him to find her missing husband. When she leaves the office, her car explodes, and she dies. Determined to fulfill her final request, Jonathan prepares to re-visit Beyond Coast.
Policenauts is a Japanese-style adventure with action elements, similar in many ways to Snatcher. The player interacts with the environment in a point-and-click fashion: positioning a cursor over an object allows the player character to examine it or perform other context-dependent actions. There are a few puzzles in the game, but most of the time the story is advanced by visiting various locations, examining objects, and talking to characters. Conversations usually include a selection of topics.
Action sequences are similar to those of Snatcher, but are more numerous and varied. The player must rapidly shoot enemies moving within a one-screen area viewed from a first-person perspective, reloading the gun manually and trying to eliminate the enemy before Jonathan's health bar is depleted.
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
There are 112 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "ポリスノーツ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn August 24, 2009 (Hideo Kojima's birthday), thirteen years after the game's original release, an English translation patch was released for the PSX version. The translation encompasses every depiction of kanji in the whole game, and fixes some minor bugs and glitches. The link can be found in the related links section.
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more. )
- Policenauts (Official game website)
- Policenauts.net (The English translation patch for the PSX version of the game can be downloaded from this site. It also contains a summarized timeline of the game's events, among other things.)
- The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine (A site dedicated to Hideo Kojima's games "Policenauts" and "Snatcher". Contains a full walkthrough (import help) for "Policenauts")
- Wikipedia: Policenauts (Information about Policenauts at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.