DescriptionPrince of Persia: Warrior Within is the direct sequel to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Seven years later, the Prince is hunted by a monster known as Dahaka. He finds out that anyone who manipulates the Sands of Time is destined to die shortly afterwards; but the Prince has escaped his fate, and that's the reason for Dahaka's rage. Now the Prince must travel to the mysterious Island of Time, where he hopes to find the Empress of Time and, through time manipulation, somehow prevent her from creating the Sands in the first place...
The game comes with a new, darker look for the Prince and his surroundings. The fights are more brutal and take a larger part in the game, as the Prince now has enhanced fighting moves including new attack moves via walls and poles.
Even though the fights make up a large part of the game, the puzzle sections are still present and more complicated than before. A new move in the puzzle sections of the game is the curtain slide, which allows you to slide down to the ground slowly. There are still plenty of options for time manipulation and the storyline also lets you travel back and forth in time, visiting the same locations in an alternate time period.
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
There are 116 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "波斯王子：武者之心" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Принц Персии: Схватка с судьбой" -- Russian spelling
- "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD" -- iPad title
- "Prince of Persia: Spirito Guerriero" -- Italian title
- "Prince of Persia: L'âme du Guerrier" -- French title
- "Prince of Persia: Kenshi no Kokoro" -- Japanese title
- "Prince of Persia: El Alma del Guerrero" -- Spanish title
- "Prince of Persia: Dusza Wojownika" -- Polish title
- "Prince of Persia 5" -- Informal title
- "Prince of Persia 2" -- Working title
- "PoP: Warrior Within" -- Common abbreviation
- "Bosi Wangzi: Wuzhe zhi Xin" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: JADE
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Prince of Persia series
- Setting: Middle East
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Time Manipulation
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Jordan MechnerIn the December 2005 issue of Wired Magazine, Jordan Mechner(the developer of the original Prince of Persia who was not involved of the development of this game) was not happy with the direction of Warrior Within. He said "I'm not a fan of the artistic direction, or the violence that earned it an M rating. The story, character, dialog, voice acting, and visual style were not to my taste." However, he was quite happy when the direction taken by The Two Thrones.
- 2004 – Best PC Action-Adventure Game of the Year
- GamePro (Germany)
- 2004 - Best Console Action-Adventure in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Hints for PoP: Warrior Within (Question and answer type strategy guide. Gives subtle clues before the solutions are revealed.)
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Official website)
- Wikipedia: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Information about Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.