DescriptionIn this first person shooter, the U.S. and Britain have had to band together to try and save Europe and Asia from the Chimera, a species that infects other life forms and turns them into mutants.
The player controls U.S. Army Ranger, Sgt. Nathan Hale, as he battles his way through hordes of the Chimera in an effort to save the world. In addition to the single player campaign, the game features co-op, split screen multiplayer and customizable online gameplay.
The motion sensor feature is also used in this game in order to help the player free themselves from their opponents grasp. Along with this the game has at least a dozen different weapons to utilize.
- "Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi" -- Japanese title
- "I-8" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Censored Japanese releases
- Games made into books
- Games made into comics
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
- Middleware: SpeedTree
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Resistance series
- Setting: City - London
|The Real Halo Killer||William Baker (10)|
|Lawrence||Jan 08, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamestyle||Mar 25, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Armchair Empire, The||Dec 12, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameLemon||Apr 14, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamer 2.0||Jan 01, 2007||8.2 out of 10||82|
|FZ||Mar 30, 2007||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 20, 2007||15 out of 20||75|
|Good Game||Mar 27, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Thunderbolt Games||Jan 10, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|Mansized||Apr 09, 2007||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ControversyThe Church of England found the use of gunfights in one of the game's locations, the Manchester Cathedral, "a desecration" and asked to have the game pulled from the shelves. On June 9, 2007, they threatened legal action for featuring the building without permission and asked to have the game withdrawn, a public apology and a substantial donation. It eventually even became a question for UK prime minister Tony Blair in the Houses of Parliament.
Sony pointed out that historical buildings were often used in entertainment and eventually issued a public apology, without meeting the other demands.
Ironically, sales were proven to go up after the controversy and the game was nominated for a BAFTA (British Academy Video Game Award).
- 2006 – #10 Console Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – #4 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Shooter of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Resistance: Fall of Man (Official website)
- Wikipedia (The Wikipedia article on Resistance: Fall of Man)