Resistance: Fall of Man (PlayStation 3)

Written by  :  William Baker (10)
Written on  :  Dec 30, 2008
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars

read more reviews by William Baker

Summary

The Real Halo Killer

The Good

Where to start? The graphics are amazing. The enemies die realistically, and facial detail on the humans is awesome. Whoever did the creature design, round of applauds. The story is great, and all of the characters seem human. The game has a good post-apocalyptic scenery, and Insomniac didn't go overboard with the alternate-reality storyline.

The Bad

There is very little I didn't like about this game. One of them is the fact that I'm having a hard time thinking of negatives. Ok, the narrations before the levels get kind of annoying. The game's situations are pretty self-explanatory. Second, the narrations are quiet. I had to turn up my speakers to even hear what was going on.

The Bottom Line

A very good launch title for the PS3. Killzone tried to kill Halo and failed. The guys at Insomniac have created yet another masterpiece and give Microsoft a run for it's money. Thank you Insomniac for coming out of the basement of kiddy-land that was known as Spyro and Ratchet and Clank (both very good games), and entering the world of the M rated game.