DescriptionSiren is a Japanese survival horror game which takes place in a small town where almost all of the people were killed.
A siren in the small Japanese village of Hanuda suddenly turns its inhabitants into shibito, zombies bent on turning everybody else into shibito.
The player alternates gameplay between ten different characters trying to avoid the shibito. It's like a puzzle. The player has to learn the shibitos' patterns and learn to avoid getting seen, as all of the characters have very low maximum health. The player can also sightjack other characters and shibito to see from their point of view.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 20 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "死魂曲" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Forbidden Siren" -- European title
- "サイレン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 3 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
ControversyOn November 10, 2003, one of SCE's ads for Siren was pulled in Japan after complaints from parents. The ad featured a young girl knocking on a window from the outside, begging her parents to let her in. The view then switches to the inside and shows the terrified parents, in fear of their daughter, who is revealed to be a bloody zombie. SCE said that the fear factor made people uncomfortable.
References to the gameThe game is featured about ten seconds in the 2005 French movie Le temps qui reste (Time to Leave) by François Ozon. One of the characters is playing it casually and it has no influence on the events.
- 2004 – Most Inappropriate British Accents (PS2)
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (AllAboutGames interviews Keiichiro Toyama, Director and Creator of Siren, about the game. (Feb. 2004))
- Forbidden Siren (An interactive exploration of the Siren world.)
- Forbidden Siren (The official web site for the live-action Toho movie.)
- Siren (Official Website)
- Wikipedia: Siren (Information about Siren at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.