Less than 60 games needed to complete our goal of 1,500 documented Arcade titles!

Sonic the Hedgehog (PlayStation 3)

2.7
Written by  :  William Baker (10)
Written on  :  Dec 30, 2008
Platform  :  PlayStation 3
Rating  :  3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars3.29 Stars

read more reviews by William Baker

Summary

Unfinished, but still fun

The Good

The design of the characters and the levels are amazing. The voice acting is pretty good for a game straight out of Japan. The game also contains Shadow, who is an awesome character. On my PS3, the graphics were pretty good.

The Bad

I have a lot of bad things to say about this game. The first thing is the loading times. This game took 10 seconds just to load an in-game dialogue that lasted two seconds. The second issue is the difficulty. This game is freaking hard. A younger kid would cry at the difficulty. If you want to start out the kiddies to the Sonic franchise, start with Shadow the Hedgehog. Third is the dubbing. The voice acting is way off on the character's mouth movements. I thought Ashlee Simpson was bad? Last but not least is the lives system. Sega, if you're reading this, make an autosave system to where you don't need to have a limited amount of continues. This way, the little eight year-olds won't cry.

The Bottom Line

To a professional, this game is an unfinished mess. The developers admit it, the critics point it out, and you'll find it out. If you love sonic, you can pick this game up cheap. If you're a casual gamer, stay far, far, away! There isn't much enjoyment here for anyone else.