Advertising BlurbsSquare Enix Store (North American):
STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE: INTERNATIONAL delivers the prequel of the acclaimed STAR OCEAN franchise to PlayStation 3 system users. Developed by tri-Ace Inc. — renowned for offering gamers spectacular visuals and expansive storylines — the game adds to the rich, science fiction saga of the series, beginning with the aftermath of World War III.
- Combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe
- Item creation and Private Actions, two hallmarks of the STAR OCEAN franchise, also make their return, allowing for players to enjoy upgraded versions of both systems
- Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's dynamic real-time battle system, now featuring amazing graphics through Blu-ray Disc
- Up to four characters can take part in battles simultaneously and party members can be switched mid-battle
- New Blindside battle system fuses evasion and offense, enabling players to confuse and ambush enemies by quickly moving out of their line of sight when targeted
- Freely pilot the Calnus spaceship for the first time in the series and journey to various planets of the STAR OCEAN universe Features breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cutscenes for the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® series
- In addition to English and Japanese voice options, the PlayStation 3 system version will include English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese language options for STAR OCEAN fans around the world
This latest installment allows players to control their own spaceship to move from planet to planet as they explore the vastness of space. The refined gameplay features dynamic four-character team combat and the capability to seamlessly switch party members during battle. STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE: INTERNATIONAL also improves upon the innovative real-time battle system that has become a trademark of the STAR OCEAN franchise.
In addition to English and Japanese voice options, this PlayStation 3 system version will include a total of six languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese, allowing STAR OCEAN fans around the world to blast off on their epic adventure among the stars.
The year is A.D. 2087. In the aftermath of World War III, Earth has been ravaged and the population decimated by a deteriorating environment. The countries that survived have joined together to form the Greater Unified Nations and turned their eyes skyward...to space.
Edge Maverick and his childhood friend Reimi Saionji are chosen as pioneer members of the Space Reconnaissance Force, which was created to seek out new worlds beyond the stars. Their ship, the Calnus, takes its place on the lunar launch pad along with four other starships of the first reconnaissance fleet. These ships — humanity's last hope — blast off one-by-one and sail into the awaiting wormhole that leads to the vast star ocean.
And so, Edge and his crew begin their voyage in search of a new haven for humanity...and a second chance.
Contributed by Jeanne (75439) on May 06, 2011.