DescriptionUncharted: Drake's Fortune is the story of Nathan Drake, a modern-day treasure hunter who believes himself to be a descendant of Sir Francis Drake, the famous English explorer/privateer. After recovering his ancestor's coffin and discovering a 400-year-old diary, Nathan and his companions (documentary producer Elena Fisher, and mentor/friend Victor Sullivan) are caught up in a search for El Dorado, the fabled city of gold. Along the way they explore the ruins of a lost Spanish colony, trading bullets and blows with a horde of pirates who are intent on plundering El Dorado's riches for themselves.
The gameplay consists of cover-based shoot-offs, fast-paced escape sequences and death-defying stunts reminiscent of an Indiana Jones movie. Players traverse lush island environments, pilot jetskis and jeeps through vicious firefights, explore underground ruins fraught with pitfalls and traps, and discover the mysterious fate of the original Spanish colonists.
- "アンチャーテッド: エル・ドラドの秘宝" -- Japanese spelling
- "Uncharted: El Tesoro de Drake" -- Spanish title
- "Uncharted: El Dorado no Hihou" -- Japanese title
- "Uncharted: Drakes Schicksal" -- German title
- "Big" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Feature: FMV/Cutscene Player
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Games made into books
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Protagonist: Treasure hunter
- Setting: Military Submarine / U-Boat
- Symphonic Orchestra: Skywalker Symphony Orchestra
- Uncharted series
- Video games turned into board / card games
|Go treasure hunting on a deserted island filled with jungles, ancient ruins and gun toting pirates!||Stijn Daneels (85)|
|A Ridiculously Fun and Enjoyable Game||Tom Cross (31)|
|Gaming Age||Nov 28, 2007||A-||91|
|Gamers.at||Jan 23, 2008||90 out of 100||90|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Entertainment Depot, The||Dec 21, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Play.tm||Jan 07, 2008||88 out of 100||88|
|Armchair Empire, The||Dec 13, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|HCL.hr Gaming Portal||Aug 03, 2008||85 out of 100||85|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Jan 06, 2008||80 out of 100||80|
|Good Game||Dec 12, 2007||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Gaming since 198x||Dec 29, 2010||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesUncharted: Drake's Fortune appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionIn the localized German version, the word "Nazi" was removed in the dialogues.
- 2007 – #9 Game of the Year
- 2007 – #7 Console Game of the Year
- 2007 – #2 PS3 Game of the Year
- 2007 – PS3 Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Postmortem: Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (on Gamasutra (8th October 2008))
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Article in the open encyclopedia)