DescriptionWanted: Weapons of Fate is a video game based off the 2008 film Wanted. The game starts right where the movie left off with Wesley Gibson trying to finish up becoming an assassin. He is in search of someone known as The Immortal, and is also looking to find out more about his family.
As an assassin, the playing character (Wesley Gibson or his father, depending on the level) is given abilities that nobody else has, like "adrenaline" when the related bar is filled (the more kills ranked up, the higher the "adrenaline bar" goes). Just like in the movie Wesley Gibson is able to curve bullets, a skill that only a handful of people have. The game includes a cover system, which is needed in order to enter Bullet Time. In Bullet Time, time around Wesley will slow down, giving him the opportunity to use his weapon skills to hunt down enemies or to find another place to hide. Next to dual-wield pistols, there are also other weapons such as a knives.
Additional playable characters and new costumes can be unlocked through codes and completing the game.
There are no PlayStation 3 user screenshots for this game.
There are 30 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Wanted: Les Armes Du Destin" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: DIESEL
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Inspiration: Movies
- Physics Engine: PhysX
There are no reviews for this game.
|games xtreme||May 06, 2009||8.2 out of 10||82|
|IGN||Mar 24, 2009||7.3 out of 10||73|
|UOL Jogos||Apr 03, 2009||70|
|Fragland.net||May 08, 2009||68 out of 100||68|
|Game Observer||Jun 02, 2009||65 out of 100||65|
|GameSpot||Mar 25, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|Pelaajalehti||Apr 28, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|Play.tm||Apr 20, 2009||60 out of 100||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 03, 2009||10 out of 20||50|
|GameSpy||Mar 24, 2009||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- All in-game blood effects (only partly in the cutscenes) were removed.
- The ability to headshot enemies was removed.
- Killed enemies disappear almost instantly.
- The bullet time which may occur when using the "curved bullets" feature was removed.
- All melee attacks except the knee strike, along with the associated tutorial, were removed.
- One enemy type ("Nightmare") was removed.
- In the brotherhood, the targets are pigs instead of corpses.
- The characters Cathy and Janice were removed.
- There are various cuts in the cutscenes, mostly removing violent parts.
- Especially during the tutorial, some of Wesley's monologues were removed.
- The game modes "Headshot" and "Close Combat Mode" were removed.
- Some of the cheats, e.g. unlocking the two removed game modes or unlimited ammo, were removed.
- G4 (X-Play)
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Wanted: Weapons of Fate (article in the open encyclopedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Wanted: Weapons of Fate.)