DescriptionGran Turismo is the first installment of the Gran Turismo series on Sony's PlayStation Portable.
The Real Driving Simulator features a robust amount of content all fit on one UMD disc. GT includes over 800 licensed vehicles from popular automakers such as Ford and Chevrolet and also introduces for the first time in the series cars such as the Lamborghini and Bugatti. In addition, 35 tracks are available from the start, which if added with the different variations for those tracks bumps up the number of to 70.
GT from the get-go provides you with one random car as a present and 100,000 credits to use to buy new cars or upgrade your existing ones. New credits can be gotten by playing the games single player modes. Choose between Time Trial Mode, where you must race against the clock to finish the track with new lap records; Single Race, where you race against 3 CPU cars on a track to be the winner; and Drift Trial, where you slide your car across a track to rack up points, and finally Ad-hoc Mode, where you gather with a group of your friends to race and trade your cars with each other. All but Time Trial provide you with credits.
For those who feel they need help with their driving, GT includes a mode made to help improve your techniques. The "Driving Challenge" mode provides you with a series of challenges and missions used to increase your skill level. Depending on your performance on the missions, you will receive either a gold, silver, or bronze prize, along with some more credits. Aiming for the more harder routes and doing the challenges quickly may result in a gold prize and more prize credits.
Cars from GT can also be exported to Gran Turismo 5, giving you the edge on your competition.
There are no PSP screenshots for this game.
- "GT PSP" -- Common Abbreviation
- "Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: AC Cobra
- Automobile: Audi Quattro
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: BMW M3
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Enzo Ferrari
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Jaguar XJ220
- Automobile: Lamborghini Countach
- Automobile: Lancia Stratos HF
- Automobile: Lister Storm
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Lotus Esprit
- Automobile: Mazda 787B
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5 / Miata / Roadster
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan R390 GT1
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Peugeot 206
- Automobile: Renault Clio
- Automobile: Saleen S7
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Automobile: Toyota GT-One
- Automobile: Toyota MR2
- Automobile: Toyota Prius
- Automobile: Toyota Supra
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Automobile: Volkswagen New Beetle
- Gran Turismo series
- PSP greatest hits releases
|A Gran Turismo without a Gran Turismo mode.||VictorVance (3498)|
The Press Says
|Gameplanet||Oct 27, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|VicioJuegos.com||Nov 19, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|Gaming Age||Sep 15, 2009||B+||83|
|GameSpy||Nov 05, 2009||80|
|Thunderbolt Games||Nov 23, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Worth Playing||Sep 29, 2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpot||Sep 29, 2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
|PSX Extreme||Sep 21, 2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Meristation||Sep 16, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|IGN||Sep 15, 2009||6.8 out of 10||68|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to developer Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo for the PSP sold 4,220,000 copies worldwide since its original release.
- 2009 - Best PSP Racing Game (Reader's Choice)
Related Web Sites
- GT Planet (Covering the World of Gran Turismo)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.