The Lemmings are on the loose and that can only mean one thing - trouble! Danger is barely a footstep away for the relentlessly marching hordes of cutesy, green-haired rodents.
Press release (9th May 2006):
- Save the Lemmings in 150+ levels of frenetic bashing, digging, building, climbing and mining!
- Create your own game levels and wirelessly share them with other Lemmings fans via Infrastructure Mode
Contributed by DreinIX (9426) on May 06, 2008.
Press release (17th May 2005):
LEMMINGS FACT SHEETPublisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Team 17
Platform: PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system
Launch Date: May 23, 2006
ESRB Rating: “E” for Everyone / Descriptor: Mild Cartoon Violence
Re-introducing one of the most popular puzzle games of the past 15 years, Lemmings™ is ready to go anytime, anywhere with its introduction to the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. In Lemmings, players will guide a group of cute, but hapless little creatures within each level from an entrance point to an exit point. Fast reflexes and quick wits are necessary to ensure the Lemmings don’t walk to their doom as disaster is at every step, including the perils of raging rivers, steep cliffs, pits of lava, and mechanical spikes that stand between the Lemming masses and safety of the exit.
Developed by Team 17, Lemmings delivers the ultimate in puzzle gameplay, perfect for quick on-the-go gaming on the PSP. Considered to be one of the most widely platform-ported video game of all time, Lemmings will feature more than 150 levels, including new puzzles exclusively for the PSP. In addition, the game will host a new mix of music, custom level creation, and wireless capability for players to share newly created levels.
• Control the fate of the Lemmings by navigating through more than 150 levels, including more than 20 all-new levels. Players will guide the Lemmings through various degrees of frenzied bashing, digging, building, climbing, mining, and bombing to move safely from entrance to exit.
• Addictive puzzle gameplay with vibrantly detailed graphics that provide a new look to the classic Lemmings game.
• Extensive level editor allows players to custom-create additional Lemmings game levels.
o Players can share custom-created game levels with other Lemmings fans via Infrastructure mode by wirelessly uploading and downloading levels.
o New gamesharing feature allows players to wirelessly transmit sample game levels to others via Ad Hoc mode.
• Regarded as one of the most well-known franchises in video games and considered to be one of the most widely platform-ported games of all time.
• All-new music tracks available to accompany Lemmings’ enhanced visuals and to match the excitement and challenge of the game.
Contributed by Sciere (217835) on Jun 17, 2006.
Be Proud to Follow the Crowd with Lemmings on the PSP™
E3, LOS ANGELES, 17 May 2005 The multi-million selling global franchise Lemmings™ has come a long way since its pixelated debut in 1990, and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is now proud to announce the upcoming release of the latest chapter in the story with Lemmings on the PSP™ - for exhilarating gaming on the go.
- Watch your step with these addictive little creatures!
- New levels, global communities... level building and sharing!
- 5 million Lemming fans can't be wrong!
Controlling an army of lemmings, the aim is to get as many of these cute characters as you can from the entrance point to the exit point of a level within a time limit. Easy to learn, difficult to master; Lemmings is a test of strategy and fast thinking as you make 'on the spot', life or death decisions for your band of trusting little creatures. Use the unique skills of your Lemmings team to overcome the hazards ahead: The 'Bomber' explodes at will, the 'Floater' can survive high falls and the 'Basher' digs horizontally just when you need it. The 'Climber' is at hand for those tricky mountain ranges, the 'Blocker' creates an obstacle in the path ahead and the 'Builder' is there to construct walkways for his friends.
Stretch your strategies across 100 plus levels as you lead your lemmings across an immense variety of challenging backdrops. The levels are arranged into five striking themes, each with its own unique visual flavour. So, whether it's going underground into the sewers or marching through fields and forests, the lemmings always have new terrain to explore.
Packed with a host of new features, Lemmings offers for the first time a level editor allowing players to produce their own levels and save them to the memory card on the PSP. Using the inbuilt wireless technology on the PSP, players can upload these levels to an exclusive Lemmings online community. Share your unique levels with other users or download their new levels directly to your PSP- the opportunities are endless.
Perfect for a gaming snack or a marathon meal, Lemmings on the PSP is engaging and addictive; be proud to follow the crowd with Lemmings.
Contributed by Sciere (217835) on Jun 17, 2006.