The game can interact with the PS2 game Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence using a USB cable, but this information has been left out of the American manual. You can take 3D photos in the PS2 game and transfer them to the PSP game to watch them there. Here is how to use this feature:
- Connect the PS2 to the PSP using the USB cable.
- Load the PSP game and select the "MGS3 Subsistence link" from the title screen.
- Load Subsistence in the PS2 and use the camera item you can collect in the game. The message "ACID2" appears on the Subsistence game screen when connections are complete.
- Take a picture with the camera, it will be sent to the PSP.
- When finished, press a button on the PSP to proceed to the save screen and save the image to the memory stick.
- You can now view the photos by pressing the Triangle button on the PSP waiting screen.