DescriptionWhat happened after the first Metal Gear Ac!d is somewhat left for open discussion as Snake is suffering from some serious amnesia right from the game start. He doesn't know much about his past, but is well aware of his skills, as are his newly acquired companions. Returning back to the US from a mission well done, his only hope is that he'll start remembering his past as he steps on a friendly soil. But instead of having some time to do so, an FBI agent takes him and his friends into custody, leaving him with only one option to save his friends, and that is to help the agent with a mission of his own. Reluctant but left with little to ponder about, Snake agrees until he can connect some dots.
Unlike the prior game, the game uses a 3D cell-shading technique making the game less realistic but more colorful, now spanning over 500 cards at your disposal. Gameplay is basically the same turn-based style as the original, though comes with certain enhancements like being able to undo your moves to a certain degree, or moving in real-time and not losing moves on opening doors or crouching. There is also a new type of cards that is self-triggered when you use other cards, usually enhancing your action in one way or another.
The Metal Gear Ac!d 2 package comes with a Solid Eye, a special type of 3D glasses (a cardboard box that slides over the PSP, not the blue-purple plastic but with lenses) to play the game with a 3D effect. You can also use it to watch various Snake Eater and other movies as you unlock them in the game, giving you the feeling of 3D space.
- "潜龙谍影：卡片2" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "MG Acid 2" -- Informal title
- "MGA2" -- Common abbreviation
- "Metal Gear Acid 2" -- Common title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|1UP||Mar 17, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine (OPM)||Mar 28, 2006||90|
|Worth Playing||May 13, 2006||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpy||Mar 21, 2006||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jun 22, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Portable Review||Apr 28, 2006||32 out of 40||80|
|IGN||Mar 21, 2006||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Lawrence||May 08, 2006||B-||67|
|Factornews||Jun 19, 2006||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cross-platform contentThe game can interact with the PS2 game Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence using a USB cable, but this information has been left out of the American manual. You can take 3D photos in the PS2 game and transfer them to the PSP game to watch them there. Here is how to use this feature:
- Connect the PS2 to the PSP using the USB cable.
- Load the PSP game and select the "MGS3 Subsistence link" from the title screen.
- Load Subsistence in the PS2 and use the camera item you can collect in the game. The message "ACID2" appears on the Subsistence game screen when connections are complete.
- Take a picture with the camera, it will be sent to the PSP.
- When finished, press a button on the PSP to proceed to the save screen and save the image to the memory stick.
- You can now view the photos by pressing the Triangle button on the PSP waiting screen.
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (Official Japanese website)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.