DescriptionThis special version of Metal Gear Solid adds first-person view, a level of difficulty for newcomers, bettered artificial intelligence for some enemies (including bosses) on higher difficulty settings, and, on the third disc Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions.
There are no PSP user screenshots for this game.
There are 33 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Tactical Espionage Action: Metal Gear Solid" -- Tag-lined title
- "Metal Gear Solid Integral" -- Japanese PlayStation title
- "メタルギアソリッド インテグラル" -- Japanese PlayStation spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the PSP release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe PC and PS1 versions of Metal Gear Solid appear in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
PC versionThe PC version includes an expansion disc originally released for the Playstation as Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions which added over 300 missions set in the VR training environment of the original, the ability to play as the ninja, and a "photo shoot" mode featuring the game's female cast among other goodies.
Also, the PC version was supposed to have new hi-res texture skins for all the models (especially Snake himself), but Konami axed the idea.
Developer Dimiter Stanev:
From the only phone talk we had with Kojima, through a translator we were advised not to use high-res textures, since there was no good eye animation for the cut-scenes - e.g. higher texture fidelity would ruin the effect a blurry one gives, since you can't focus your own eyes on it. With a high-fidelity texture it would've looked as puppets, dolls, etc.Information also contributed by Kasey Chang
I admit that this by far, is the most important lesson I've learned from anyone in the game industry - sometimes less is more, and wrong is right.
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.