Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - DOS (US):
They call me The Punisher, because I dispense the dark side of justice
the side that doesn't care for Miranda Rights, search warrants or
circumstantial evidence. Members of the underworld killed my family and
got away with it. I'm settling the score.
- Become The Punisher as he scours Manhattan with over 50 mission options.
- Talk with characters of all kinds: terrified victims, innocent bystanders, policemen, even criminals.
- Three kinds of combat, three kinds of views:
- Driving: blast enemies in The Punisher's armored Battle Van. See all the action through the Battle Van's windshield.
- On foot: explore buildings, search alleyways, roam city streets with The Punisher's personal arsenal at your disposal. Top-down perspective lets you take on multiple opponents at once.
- Underwater: battle criminals along the Manhattan shoreline, beneath piers or near boats docked off shore. Non-stop action viewed from the side.
- Dazzling original artwork captures the grittiness of big city crime and the people involved in it.
- From the creators of Spider-Man and Captain America in Dr. Doom's Revenge and X-Men: Madness in Murderworld.
And I get paid to do it. A clandestine group finances my missions because I accomplish what the justice system can't. I eliminate drug dealers, expose corruption - I terrorize the terrorists themselves. I'm a professional vigilante, and I work in Manhattan, where many consider me a hero.
But I've got enemies. One of them is seven feet tall and weighs 450 pounds. His name is Kingpin and he's New York's undisputed head of organized crime. I've terminated his best assassins time and time again.
Now I've got a chance to nail Kingpin himself. For $500,000, an informant will reveal the fat man's location. It's a limited-time offer, so I've got to act now. If I can complete enough missions, should be able to raise the money.
Half a million bucks. That means a lot of overtime.
Fortunately, I like my job.
Contributed by Trixter (8737) on May 16, 1999.