Related Web Sites
- FitzQuake -- The most faithful custom engine available.
- Func_Msgboard -- An ever-active forum dedicated to custom mapping, primarily focusing on the original game but also covering the following games in the series from time to time.
- Matt Chat 54 -- Video interview with John Romero about the development of Quake
- Planet Quake -- An exhaustive quake site visit it for news, mods, levels, tips and all you want related to Quake
- Quaddicted -- The most comprehensive site for custom singleplayer maps.
- Quake -- Official page on id Software's website
- Quake cheat codes -- Detailed information on Quake 1 cheat codes for N64, PC and Sega Saturn
- Quake Source Code -- You can actually download the source code for Quake here
- Tenebrae -- Tenebrae is a modification of the quake source that adds stencil shadows and per pixel lights to quake. Stencil shadows allow for realistic shadow effects on every object in the game world. Per pixel lighting allows you to have fine surface details correctly lit. These are essentially the same algorithms as used by the new Doom game.
- Wikipedia -- The Quake article at Wikipedia
Searches and Links
Amazon ; an online store selling new and used computer and video games.
Google ; search engine that ranks by popularity
Google Groups ; an archive of Usenet newsgroups; useful for finding discussions; formerly DejaNews
Game Trading Zone ; a site specializing in trading computer games; useful if you want to trade one of your games for Quake.
eBay ; Many older games listed on MobyGames are out of print. Auction sites like eBay are the best place to find them.
*Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective