- If you walk right, straight out of Speilburg, then back to Speilburg gates a few times, you'll meet up with the father from the TV series Dinosaurs
- When you take a look at the lamp in the Kattas Tail Inn, it says "Lamp for rent. Inquire in Quest for Glory 2: Trial by Fire for information."
- Keep clicking the eye icon on the trees, because you'll eventually get one called a "Daventree". This is a reference to Daventry, the main setting of King's Quest.
- Every now and then when the Gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks "What is your Quest?" (obvious Monty Python joke) one of the answer choices is "I want to be a pirate!" This is, of course, a reference to The Secret of Monkey Island. If you select it, the Gargoyle says "Boy, have you got the wrong game," and sends you back down the mountain.
- When the gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks the name of the hero, one of the answer options is "Call me Ishmael." This is a reference to Moby Dick.
- The most common password to the thieves guild in the game is 'schwertfisch'. Schwertfisch is German for swordfish, which in turn is the password to a speakeasy in the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers.
- The town of Spielburg is, of course, named after Steven Spielberg. Sam the beggar also makes a reference to Amblin, which is Steven Spielberg's production company.
- In Erasmus' house there is a Sarcophagus tied in with a ribbon, called a Lara Bow (a reference to the character Laura Bow from The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).