DescriptionThis, as the name implies, is the sequel to Raging Thunder, an arcade racing game. As in the first game, the player controls the car from a third person perspective. In smartphones, the car can be controlled either using the touch screen alone or using the accelerometer (the Zeebo version is controlled using the regular controller). The car also has a boost feature, which can be recharged by collecting blue lightning bolt power-ups during the races. Another way of gaining some speed is through the opponents' windshadow. The player can win not only by being the faster racer, but also by taking his/her opponents out of the race by hitting them. Other power-ups include car armor (which makes the car less vulnerable to hits), money (to buy new cars and upgrades), credits (used in the Arcade mode), repairs, stars (which grant achievements), extra time (for the Arcade mode) and flaming tires (which give the car extra grip).
The game features 6 single player game modes:
- Career: in this mode, the player competes in 8 tournaments including 2 to 5 tracks, earning money to buy new cars and upgrades for them. There are 6 cars available to be purchased.
- Time Attack: in this mode, the player runs against the clock.
- Single Race: in this mode, the player selects a track and runs against A.I. opponents.
- Instant Race: in this mode, the player picks up a random car and a random track to race on.
- Survival: in this mode, the player in the last position at each lap is eliminated.
- Arcade: in this mode, the player races through all stages trying not to let the clock reach zero.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Mobile Game Faqs||iPhone||Mar 17, 2010||90 out of 100||90|
|Macworld||iPhone||Mar 30, 2010||90|
|148apps||iPhone||Mar 23, 2010||90|
|KnowYourMobile.com||Android||May 27, 2010||80|
|Pocket Gamer UK||iPhone||Mar 11, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
|Slide to Play||iPhone||Mar 22, 2010||3 out of 4||75|
|appadvice||iPhone||Mar 13, 2010||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.