DescriptionFive years after its predecessor, Railroad Tycoon 3 offers you the opportunity to build your own railroad empire, this time in full 3D. The most adventurous tycoons may even try to become wealthier than their competitors online. The game still revolves around the three key aspects that were featured in the previous game:
- Railroad building - Plot new routes, play with supply and demand, buy new locomotives in order to amass money.
- Economy - Buy up businesses and industries or open restaurants and hotels near your stations to become richer earlier.
- Stock Market - Invest in other rail companies, manipulate the market - the stock market may well make or break you.
- "铁路大亨3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Железнодорожный магнат 3" -- Russian spelling
- "Tielu Daheng 3" -- Chinese title
- "RT3" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
|A robust railroad management sim that improves on the previous games in the series.||Windows||Afterburner (477)|
|Another proof that better graphics don't always equal a better game||Windows||Cadorna (190)|
|4Players.de||Windows||Nov 20, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|Fragland.net||Windows||Dec 02, 2003||88 out of 100||88|
|Game Captain||Windows||Nov 12, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Action||Windows||Dec 08, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Nov 22, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|Armchair Empire, The||Windows||Mar 07, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Windows||Nov 18, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|MacLife||Macintosh||Apr 01, 2006||80|
|JeuxMac.com||Macintosh||Jan, 2005||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesRailroad Tycoon 3 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Board gameIn 2005 a tie-in boardgame (featuring the same cover artwork) was released, simply entitled Railroad Tycoon.
- Game Industry Awards
- 2004 - Simulation of the Year
- 2003 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2003 - PC Empire Builder of the Year
- 2004 - The Green Banana Award (PC)
Related Web Sites