DescriptionWhile on a search for treasure, Bubby and his brother Bobby travel to the Rainbow Islands. Instead of finding treasure, they find out that the people of the Rainbow Islands have been kidnapped. Now it's up to Bubby with his rainbow power to save them.
This version of Rainbow Islands has some differences from this version of Rainbow Islands.
Some of the differences include:
- This version is 1 player only.
- While the player visits the same islands as in the other version, the layout of the individual levels has been changed.
- The different colored diamonds the player collects throughout the 4 stages of each island spell out the word RAINBOW. Completely spelling out the word then defeating the boss of that island will earn the player a big diamond.
- Getting a big diamond gives the player a cutscene where they can choose to have dialogue with a character or open a treasure box for a chance to receive an item.
- The biggest difference is, if the player manages to collect all 7 big diamonds, an extra island based on Bubble Bobble will be available to play on.
- "Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2" -- In-game title
- "Rainbow Islands: Story of the Bubble Bobble 2" -- European SEGA Master System tag-lined title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Retrogaming History||SEGA Master System||Oct 07, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Mega Fun||SEGA Master System||Apr, 1993||78 out of 100||78|
|HonestGamers||NES||Jan 08, 2013||7 out of 10||70|
|Video Games||SEGA Master System||May, 1993||64 out of 100||64|
|GamePro (US)||NES||Dec, 1993||3 out of 5||60|
|Defunct Games||SEGA Master System||Oct 13, 2007||55 out of 100||55|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Two Rainbow Islands?||2||Patrick Bregger (124159)
Oct 11, 2014
There is no trivia on file for this game.