3D Realms website:
Back of Wiz Shareware Release:
Fly your super-tech Raptor above on mercenary missions to knock off top competitors at MegaCorp. Use your bounty money to expand your devastating arsenal as you scud through four skill levels: Training, Rookie, Veteran and Elite. A fast-paced slugfest, with a pulse-pounding soundtrack and jaw-dropping animation and cinematics from Apogee. (Sound Blaster supported.)
Contributed by PCGamer77 (3027) on Jun 06, 2002.
It's the BEST IBM shooter yet! A fast paced slugfest, with a pulse-pounding sound track, and jaw-dropping VGA animation & cinematics. In the future as a mercenary flying the super-tech Raptor, you'll be sent on interplanetary missions to knock off top competitors of MegaCorp. Battle against hordes of relentless enemies. Spend the bounty you receive from their demise to expand your devastating arsenal, which can be upgraded with 14 hard core weapons!
- Ultra-detailed, smooth scrolling VGA graphics.
- Up to 16 ship upgrades can be bought from Harold's Emporium between waves.
- Explosive cinematics.
- 27 killer levels, each with at least one unique boss ship to destroy.
- Four insane skill levels--higher skill levels introduce new opponents!
- Incredible soundtrack, supports all major sound cards, 8 channel digital FX!
- Huge variety of graphics, locations, enemy ships, sound effects, etc.
- Built-in context sensitive help, plus a self-running demo.
- Killing for cash was never so much fun!
Raptor. This ain't no dinosaur game!
The addictive quality and replay value of this game is unreal. Discover secrets, find the bonuses, and battle the boss ships that appear at the end of EVERY WAVE! With each ship and ground target you destroy, you'll earn more cash to increase your ship's technology for the next wave. You'll be driven to kill and destroy--but then, it's in your blood.
Contributed by IJan (1919) on Dec 02, 1999.