A starting set of low-skill player characters is available, but the players may opt to generate their own. This pool of characters is then shared between the scenarios, gaining experience (skill levels).
There are 19 races (apart from the humans or elves there are also those less common, such as the leprechaun) and 19 castes (professions), with a detailed set of characteristics (even aging is taken into account).
Apart from maps, an automatic journal provides for easy play. Both travel and combat are turn-based.
While anyone may develop their own adventure using the (separately purchased) Divinity scenario editor (with story-specific items, NPCs etc.), 13 official scenarios were released:
- City of Bywater (included with the game)
- Prelude to Pestilence (1995)
- Assault on Giant Mountain (1995)
- Castle in The Clouds (1995)
- Destroy The Necronomicon (1995)
- White Dragon (1996)
- Grilochs Revenge (1997)
- Twin Sands of Time (1999)
- Trouble in the Sword Lands (1999)
- Mithril Vault (1999)
- Half Truth (2000)
- War in the Sword Lands (2000)
- Wrath of the Mind Lords (2002)
The game was made available for free in November 2008.
Edit View History
I would like to thank the following people in helping to make Realmz possible
Also some of the others who chimed in with special insights or graphics
Realmz uses the sound engine from PlayerPRO 4.4 by