1001 Video GamesRed Faction Guerrilla appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- The ragdoll effects on corpses (except explosions and when simply walking against them) were removed.
- Mines can't be attached to persons.
- The projectiles of the Grinder weapon don't get stuck in enemies. This only applies to singleplayer.
- After killing civilians, the player gets hunted by the Red Faction and EDF. In the original version, there is only a drop of morale.
- Screams of pain and a sound effect after melee attacks were removed.
Wii versionA Wii game was to be released separate from Red Faction: Guerrilla called Red Faction: B.E.A.S.T. and was to be considered the fourth entry into the Red Faction franchise. The game was to be a third-person over the shoulder shooter utilizing the Wii's motion-controlled capabilities with the Geo-Mod engine.
The game was to be developed by Locomotive Games, but was ultimately cancelled after THQ Inc. shut down the company, acquiring the rights to the game but decided to stop all production of the project.
You can read up on it on Wikipedia's article as well as an article from Joystiq that shows a video showing off some features of the game.
- 2009 - Best Innovation (for the Geo-Mod 2.0 game engine)
- 2009 - Best New Weapon