DescriptionRemedy is an adventure game about the English girl Carol housesitting for a friend in Sweden. When her detective friend Conrad Vogel passes away, she decides to try and solve the case he was working on before he died. Her investigations trigger more questions than they answer.
It is a story-driven, first person point-and-click mystery game with inventory-based puzzles. Graphics consist of real photographs, shot in Norrkoping, Sweden, with a waterpainting filter overlay. All spoken dialogue is in English, and also subtitled in English. During the story, new locations will open up which can be travelled to via a map.
The game is entirely controlled through the left mouse button. The default cursor changes to a magnifying glass or a hand when an item can be examined, used or picked up. To move between locations, arrows appear near the sides of the screen when the mouse is hovered in that direction. Collected items appear at the top of the screen. Carol can talk to other characters, using the dialogue options that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- "Carol Reed: Mord in Schweden" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Just Adventure||Jan 28, 2005||B+||83|
|Just Adventure||Jan 28, 2005||B||75|
|Puntaeclicca.it||Mar, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Adventure Island||Dec 31, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|GameZebo||Apr 28, 2008||70|
|Adventurearchiv||Jan 18, 2005||65 out of 100||65|
|Adventure Gamers||Jan 18, 2005||60|
|Adventurespiele||Jul 26, 2009||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaSome tidbits about the game:
- The game uses about 1,000 photographs from real-life locations for the environment and they are retouched with a waterpainting filter. The pictures were taken with a Labtech digital camera and reworked in Adobe Photoshop.
- Work on the game was started in February 2004. Beta testing started in October, the same year.
- The music is made in MusicMaker with software synthesizers. The sounds were recorded with a JVC video camera and processed in Cool Edit Pro.
Related Web Sites
- Remedy - An adventure game (Product page on the developer's website)
- Remedy Walkthrough (by Len Green, posted on Gameboomers)