🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Resident Evil 4 > Mod me up real nice! =3

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/26/2009 12:08 AM · Permalink · Report

So Resident Evil 4, PC version. What a piece of shit of a port that was, eh? I mean, the game was a blast to play, but the visuals... jeeeeez, did that game look fugly.

Well, as you might know an official patch was released some time ago that would pretty the graphics up a little, but the visuals were still way below the PS2 version, let alone the GC one. Enter the mod community. A bunch of guys with jumpy braincells and some free time to spare took it on themselves to enhance the game to the point it ended up looking like it was supposed to.

I've been doing some experiments with those mods, and here are the results. Each set of screens show four stages of the game:

1) Patched with the official 1.1 patch
2) Adding the unofficial "Enhanced Environmets" patch
3) Adding the unofficial "FakeHDR" patch
4) Adding the unofficial "Albert's Texture Patch 2.0" patch

(Click on them to look a bigger version)

Nice, eh? It even sort of looks like a PC game and all =3

Well, if you were thinking of playing it, or if you ever feel like replaying it; don't do it without these patches. Here's a linx to get them, and then a couple more. Good luck with that.

chirinea (47495) on 3/4/2009 7:00 AM · Permalink · Report

OK, let me hijack this thread to ask: this game was just released as a covermount for R$ 17,90 (circa US$ 7,40). It is a bit more expensive than the previous covermounts by the same publishing company, so, is the game worth the bother?

Slug Camargo (583) on 3/5/2009 4:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, everything you need to know about RE4 was very well put by our very own Mike Palin here.

Now it also has to be said that, true to the most classic Capcom formula, in spite of every bad thing that can be said about it RE4 is one of the 3 or 4 most out-and-out adrenaline-pumpingly fun games to play of the last 5 years or so.

So, if you think you can put up with the insane amount of stupidity it brings along, with the fact that you're forced to aim with a gamepad because even though there is a mouse patch it works like shit, and you're willing to apply all that crazy amount of patching I described above; I'd definitely recommend it, if only as a very -VERY- entertaining timekiller for those afternoons when you don't wanna stress yourself too much.You know, when you just wanna have some simple, good, old-fashioned fun.