DescriptionResident Evil: Zero takes place before the events of the original Resident Evil. You take on the role as one of two characters; Rebecca Chambers, the Bravo team medic encountered in the first game, and Billy Coen, an ex-con being transported. The game begins with the Bravo team flying overhead, en route to investigate a series of murders. Something happens, and the helicopter crashes. Everyone survives, but when they all start searching, they encounter an overturned military transport truck, with nothing but corpses inside. Rebecca Chambers, the youngest member of S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team, goes to investigate the Umbrella Company Luxury Train, which has mysteriously stalled in the middle of the woods. You now take control of Rebecca, and your journey begins.
In addition to the series' traditional survival horror gameplay, the game introduces what it calls a "partner zapping" system, which allows you to switch between Rebecca and Billy at any time. This feature must be used at times, as the game requires both characters to work together to solve some puzzles. New to the game are a bunch of terrifying enemies, like the mutant centipede, new areas to explore, and the ability to drop items on the ground instead of having to find an item box.
- "生化危机0" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero" -- Wii title
- "Resident Evil 0" -- Alternate title
- "RE0" -- Common abbreviation
- "Biohazard Zero" -- Alternate Japanese title
- "Biohazard 0" -- Japanese title
- "バイオハザード0" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Netjak||GameCube||Nov 20, 2002||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Gamesmania||GameCube||Mar 21, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|4Players.de||GameCube||Mar 17, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|Vandal Online||Wii||Jan 15, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||GameCube||Mar 03, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Freaks 365||GameCube||Nov, 2002||7.5 out of 10||75|
|3D Juegos||Wii||Jan 15, 2010||6.9 out of 10||69|
|Deaf Gamers||GameCube||2003||6 out of 10||60|
|Meristation||Wii||Jan 15, 2010||6 out of 10||60|
|Teletext||Wii||2009||5 out of 10||50|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Past the game||1||JOSE RODRIGUEZ
Oct 15, 2007
DevelopmentResident Evil Zero was originally planned for the Nintendo 64.
NovelA book adaptation of the game was published in 2004, the seventh in Pocket Books' Resident Evil series (though, since it is a prequel in much the same sense as the game is, it is numbered "0" on the cover), written by S.D. Perry and entitled Zero Hour.
SoundtrackOn 9 March, 2005, Capcom released Biohazard Sound Chronicle - Best Track Box which features six soundtracks from Biohazard (aka Resident Evil) games:
- Biohazard 2 (35 tracks)
- Biohazard 3: Last Escape (42 tracks)
- Biohazard: Code: Veronica X (46 tracks)
- Biohazard (44 tracks)
- Biohazard 0 (72 tracks)
- Biohazard 4 (32 tracks)
Only 3,000 copies were made and the price of the package is around $80.
- 2002 – Best Graphics of the Year (GameCube)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - Runner-up for GameCube Game of the Year (after The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Related Web Sites
- Resident Evil Fan -- With tons of videos, artwork, interviews and a Resident Evil encyclopedia, this fansite contains everything that the passionate fan could ask for.