DescriptionIn this first person shooter, the U.S. and Britain have had to band together to try and save Europe and Asia from the Chimera, a species that infects other life forms and turns them into mutants.
The player controls U.S. Army Ranger, Sgt. Nathan Hale, as he battles his way through hordes of the Chimera in an effort to save the world. In addition to the single player campaign, the game features co-op, split screen multiplayer and customizable online gameplay.
The motion sensor feature is also used in this game in order to help the player free themselves from their opponents grasp. Along with this the game has at least a dozen different weapons to utilize.
- "Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi" -- Japanese title
- "I-8" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Games made into comics
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
- Middleware: SpeedTree
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Resistance series
- Setting: City - London
|The Real Halo Killer||William Baker (10)|
|Playstation Illustrated||Nov 21, 2006||93 out of 100||93|
|IGN||Nov 10, 2006||9.1 out of 10||91|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 16, 2006||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Video Game Talk||Dec 22, 2006||90|
|Deaf Gamers||May 15, 2007||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Game Revolution||Nov 17, 2006||B+||83|
|Thunderbolt Games||Jan 10, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.de||Feb 14, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Computer Bild Spiele||Apr 04, 2007||2.62 out of 6||68|
|Mansized||Apr 09, 2007||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ControversyThe Church of England found the use of gunfights in one of the game's locations, the Manchester Cathedral, "a desecration" and asked to have the game pulled from the shelves. On June 9, 2007, they threatened legal action for featuring the building without permission and asked to have the game withdrawn, a public apology and a substantial donation. It eventually even became a question for UK prime minister Tony Blair in the Houses of Parliament.
Sony pointed out that historical buildings were often used in entertainment and eventually issued a public apology, without meeting the other demands.
Ironically, sales were proven to go up after the controversy and the game was nominated for a BAFTA (British Academy Video Game Award).
- 2006 – #10 Console Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – #4 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Shooter of the Year
- 2006 – PS3 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Resistance: Fall of Man (Official website)
- Wikipedia (The Wikipedia article on Resistance: Fall of Man)