Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown Ad Blurbs
Take on the role of legendary hero Robin Hood in Defender of the Crown. Ambush enemy caravans with your bow, and fight your way through dank dungeons to rescue fair maidens. Siege enemy strongholds, and rally your men to victory on the battlefield. Joust for fame and fortune. Restore peace in England.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21407) on Oct 03, 2010.
- Based on the Original Classic Defender of the Crown®
- Multiple Endings - 8 Different Paths Determined by the Player's Performances and Decisions
- Join Robin and His Legendary Companions: Little John, Maid Marian, Friar Tuck and Many Others!
A TIME FOR HEROES
JOUST - ARCHERY - SWORD FIGHTS - EPIC BATTLES - CASTLE SIEGESCivil war has erupted as the evil Prince John has seized the crown and claimed England as his own! Take up arms as the legendary Robin Hood and restore peace to the land. Ambush enemy caravans with your bow and sword fight your way through dank dungeons to rescue fair maidens. Siege enemy strongholds and rally your men to victory on the battlefield! Joust for fame, fortune, and land! In this time of great unrest, the crown's greatest outlaw must become its greatest defender!
Contributed by Big John WV (25477) on Mar 16, 2009.
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
- A unique blend of role-playing and strategy combined with thrilling action sequences.
- Fund the war effort by lightening the purses of traveling merchants in thrilling archery ambushes.
- Lay siege to imposing castles using mighty siege engines and Greek Fire.
- Joust in majestic tournaments for fame, fortune and land. Conquer England’s 38 territories as you command troops on the battlefield and manage Robin’s growing armies.
- Swordfight through battlements, catacombs and towers in search of treasure – or to rescue a beautiful damsel.
- Unique special events, multiple goals and non-linear gameplay make each playthrough a new experience.
- An engaging story filled with action, drama, romance and high adventure.
- Twenty minutes of rendered cutscenes and a full hour of recorded voice acting bring the characters and world to life.
Platforms: Playstation 2 - PC - XBOX
It is a time of great unrest in England. With King Richard the Lionheart held for ransom, the evil Prince John, seizes the throne, and declares himself the King of England. The entire nation soon falls into civil war as greedy nobles war amongst themselves and Prince John sends forth armies to shackle the country under his unjust rule.
In this time of lawlessness, only an outlaw can lead the people to freedom. One man, the embodiment of true honor, vows to save his people and restore peace to the land. This man is known as Robin Hood. From the small-scale skirmishes with the Sheriff of Nottingham in Sherwood Forest, Robin finds himself drawn into the larger the battlefields of England, and the hero of the poor must become the savior of an entire nation.
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown combines the classic game loved by thousands with a legend known around the world for a gameplay experience unlike any other. Players take on the role of the legendary outlaw himself and must use strategy, cunning, and quick reflexes to overthrow a tyrant prince, rescue the true king, and reunite England.
With the support of Little John, Friar Tuck, Maid Marian and his band of merry men, Robin Hood must use his mastery of archery, swordsmanship, jousting, siege warfare, and combat strategy to lead the people of England to victory. Along the way, his resolve and skills will be tested against such villains as the Sheriff of Nottingham, the mysterious and deadly Guy of Gisbourne, and Prince John himself.
Cinemaware’s epic game production, Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown is currently in development at the company’s headquarters in Burlingame, California. The product is based on Cinemaware’s hit game Defender of the Crown, first released in 1986 on the Commodore Amiga and subsequently to a variety of platforms where sold over 1,000,000 units worldwide. Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown is a re-imagining of the beloved classic, with a deep storyline, a rich cast of characters, and the same commitment to stunning graphics and unique, varied gameplay that first made Cinemaware famous.
Contributed by Jeanne (75375) on May 12, 2006.