DescriptionSabre Ace: Conflict Over Korea is an air and ground-attack combat flight simulation game which takes place in the skies above Korea. The Korean War was fought between the Soviet Union and the United States using North & South Koreans and free world troops, using the country of Korea as a battleground. Choose to be a pilot for the USA in American aircraft, or on the side of the Koreans in Russian planes.
There are four modes of play:
- Go Fly Mode - instant action mode
- Training Mode - 8 missions using a special group of planes available only for training:
- T-33 Shooting Star trainer
- T-6 Texan advanced trainer
- Mig-15 trainer
- Yak-18 advanced trainer
- Campaign Mode - 45 actual aerial battles that let you graduate to higher powered aircraft as you complete each. The missions include air-superiority, bomber-escort, airfield attacks and bombing military targets plus other scenarios.
- American - 8 F-51 Mustang Missions followed by a set of F-80 and then F-86 missions.
- Russian - the Yak-9 propeller fighter and then the Mig-15 jet
- Custom Flight Mode - choose from 4 aircraft for yourself and your enemy. You select other customizations such as altitude, time of day, weather conditions, and level of enemy competence. Fight against the AD Skyraider, F4U Corsair, F9F Panther, F-82 Twin Mustang, B-29 Superfortress, B-26 Invader, T-6 Texan, F-84 Thunderjet, F2H-2P Banshee, LA-7 Lavochkin and PO-2 biplane among others.
The planes and the scenarios were designed to be as realistic and historically accurate as possible. Multiplayer over LAN, serial, modem, and TCP/IP networked play is included for up to 8 players.
- "Sabre Ace: Konflikt über Korea" -- German Title
- "Sabre ACE - Conflit en Corée : 25 juin 1950 - 27 Juillet 1955" -- French Title
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: F-86 Sabre
- Aircraft: MiG-15 Fagot
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: P-80 Shooting Star
- Historical conflict: Korean War
- Setting: Korean
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|PC Jeux||Jan, 1998||79 out of 100||79|
|Meristation||Mar 03, 1998||7.5 out of 10||75|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Feb, 1998||74 out of 100||74|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1998||63 out of 100||63|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1998||50|
|GameSpot||Nov 26, 1997||4.6 out of 10||46|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 1998||39 out of 100||39|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Concept & Design: