DescriptionThe year is 2083. A scientific team has been sent to the deserted planet Argilus and never came back. You are a member of a supply ship crew, whose task is to check the bases, and it becomes your mission to uncover the mystery behind the planet and to find the vanished camerades.
Schizm: Mysterious Journey is a traditional 1-st person perspective adventure in the style of graphical Zork games. It features 180-degree movement and was released on DVD, although it has also a scaled-down 4 CD version.
- "神秘之旅" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "神秘之旅" -- Chinese spelling (Traditional)
- "Щизм: мистическое приключение" -- Russian title
- "Schizm: Prawdziwe Wyzwanie" -- Polish title
- "Mysterious Journey: Schizm" -- Updated title
- "Mysterious Journey 1" -- common name
Part of the Following Groups
|A clone that rivals its mentor||Jeanne (75480)|
|You like what you like, and so do I||Paul Brown (15)|
|Just Adventure||Oct, 2001||A||100|
|Just Adventure||Nov, 2001||A-||91|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Nov 26, 2001||90|
|Adventurespiele||Jan 17, 2006||90|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Aug 02, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|GameSpot||Dec 21, 2001||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Gamesmania.de||Jul 04, 2001||76 out of 100||76|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Sep, 2001||63 out of 100||63|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug 01, 2001||45 out of 100||45|
|IGN||Nov 30, 2001||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe FAQ at Dreamcatcher's web site provides this interesting note about the name of this game:
"After reading tons of customer letters urging us to change the name of the difficult to pronounce Schizm and also speaking with thousands of customers on the phone who mispronounced the title Schizm - pronounced SKI-ZIM, we have decided to market the title under the name Mysterious Journey, subtitled Schizm."
Of course I guess making a game with a difficult to pronounce name came naturally to Maciej, Zbigniew, Lukasz, and the other designers at Detalion.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Schizm (Written in question and answer form, these hints will help you solve the game at your own pace.)
- Interview with Łukasz Pisarek at Adventure Classic Gaming ((June 2008) ACG asks Pisarek about the history of Detalion, Art of Murder development, and adventure game design philosophies )
- Official Game Page (Schizm Web Site)
- Zarf's Non-Review (A review of Schizm by Andrew Plotkin, which due to it's tirade-like nature is deemed a non-review by the author (February, 2002).)
Leading Designer, 3D Artist, Animator: