DescriptionChaos Strikes Back was a semi-sequel to seminal RPG Dungeon Master, but a true sequel came several years later. The game fuses real-time battles with puzzle solving and travelling, although the game now auto-maps. Rain and magic usage effects are incorporated into the engine. The first part of the game is spent above ground, visiting villages with shops and temples, and trawling through forests.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep" -- Amiga/DOS/Mac title
- "Dungeon Master II: Die Legende von Skullkeep" -- German manual title
- "DM2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the SEGA CD release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|GamePro (US)||Sep, 1994||5 out of 5||100|
|Play Time||Mar, 1995||85 out of 100||85|
|Video Games||Jul, 1994||82 out of 100||82|
|Game Players||Sep, 1994||74 out of 100||74|
|Video Games & Computer Entertainment||Sep, 1994||7 out of 10||70|
|Sega-16.com||Nov 26, 2012||7 out of 10||70|
|Mega Fun||Feb, 1995||67 out of 100||67|
|All Game Guide||1998||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Andy Jaros / Jones||1||Freeman (39926)
May 07, 2016
Release historyEven though developed by an American company, Dungeon Master II was first released in Japan, on the PC-9801 system, in 1993. Other Japanese systems it was released for include the PC-9821, the FM Towns and the Sega CD. The first English-language release was for the Sega CD in 1994. After many delays, versions for Western computers (PC, Amiga and Mac) followed in 1995.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1996 – Best RPG in 1995 (Readers' Vote)
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1996 - Best RPG in 1995
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1990 - Biggest Hope for 1990
Related Web Sites
- Dungeon Master & Chaos Strikes Back Encyclopaedia (An excellent fan site for Dungeon Master I & II and Chaos Strikes Back with maps, walkthrough, monster description, downloads, etc.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.