Night Trap (SEGA CD)

3.1
Written by  :  Nick Seafort (22)
Written on  :  May 04, 2004
Platform  :  SEGA CD

read more reviews by Nick Seafort

Summary

Reviewed Congress to establish Video Game Ratings.

The Good

This game, along with Mortal Kombat and several other more "gory" titles were reviewed by the US Congress in order to determine the video game ratings system as we know it today.

The idea here is that kids have been disappearing from this mansion, which happens to have a security system connected to video systems, and an elaborate trapdoor system. You've been "plugged in" to that network, and it's your job to protect the girls from would-be predators.

The particular scene that the Congress was interested in was the part where a girl comes out of the shower and is attacked by masked assailants.

The Bad

The acting. Okay, look at the box cover up there. Does that look like good acting? Yeah, that's basically the whole game. It's a gaggle of teen girls screaming and running away from guys dressed all in black. Let's face it, though.. we're not playing this game for the acting now are we?

The Bottom Line

This game is hilarious. Not just to play, but to watch. It's one of those games that is full motion video, and then the decisions you make cause different portions of video to play. You basically just wait till the right moment and push a button.

It's not as easy as it sounds, especially when you're laughing so hard at the dialogue.

This thing is a riot, especially when you have a large group watching. Try it out if you can find it!