Sonic CD (SEGA CD)

4.2
Written by  :  Classic Nigel (150)
Written on  :  Sep 24, 2006
Platform  :  SEGA CD

read more reviews by Classic Nigel

Summary

Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom

The Good

In Sonic CD you play as Sonic again who must stop Dr. Robotnik From taking the time stone from a planet that only appears on the last month of the year and Sonic must get the time stones and destroy the robots to restore piece to little planet on you’re adventure you run into Princess Sally (Amy Rose) and a new robotic version of Sonic kidnaps her so you also have to rescue her.

The graphics are Sega CD quality which means it looks better than Previous Genesis Sonic games but the odd thing is Sonic looks more like he did in Sonic 1 because he is a lighter tone of blue and is more tight in control than in Sonic 2.

The music as in all Sonic games is good with better quality sound since its Sega CD but none of the tunes compare to great songs from previous Sonic games like Starlight Zone or Metropolis Zone and Chemical Plant.

Since the game has time zones and making a better future by destroying the robot dispenser in every level and past, present, and future versions of the stages makes the game for good replay value.

The Bad

There’s really nothing too bad about this game other than mentioned above the lack of great tunes.

The Bottom Line

I’m going to be honest with you I didn’t play this game until the Sonic Gems Collection for the Gamecube came out cause getting a Sega CD isn’t exactly easy and this game, but if you have the opportunity to play this game I say go for it.