Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf Ad Blurbs (SEGA Master System)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - DOS (UK):
The whole world holds its breath as Armageddon threatens. The location is the Middle East: a melting-pot of religions, races and conflicting arguments. Without warning, a madman has emerged, the mysterious 'General' Kilbaba. His armies have swept into a tiny neighbouring emirate and are even now holding the country to ransom.
- Choose between Joystick or Keyboard
- Select sound mode
- Choose your own co-pilot
- Use the satellite data to plan your best attack
- Status functions display a report on your progress
- Mission log for each target to discover what exactly has to be done
- 3/4 Top Down Perspective - Combines best elements of simulations and action games
- 4 Different Campaigns with over 30 different missions to undertake
- 3 different weapon types: Cannon, Hydra or Hellfire
- Realistic Helicopter Animation - designed from actual Apaches in flight
- Patrol a real-time world - Jeeps drive down roads, enemy units road the desert, comrades behind enemy lines need rescuing
- Destroy SCUDS, nuclear reactors, chemical weapons plants and oil fields.
Little information is available on this dictator and his regime but we suspect an arsenal of lethal conventional, chemical and maybe even nuclear weapons are at his disposal.
The President has chosen you to fly a series of dangerous pre-emptive missions in an Apache attack helicopter, with the aim of striking at the very heart of this evil empire. Time is not on our side. Your helicopter is fully armed and waiting so head straight for the war zone.
You'll need the right strategy, nerves of steel and a steady hand under fire to succeed. Fortunately you've got some state-of-the-art weaponry to unleash - and you're going to need it! Good luck, the free world is counting on you!
Contributed by Jeanne (75346) on Apr 04, 2011.
Pilot your AH-64 Apache Helicopter on a covert strike against a ruthless military dictator.
- 27 in-depth missions
- Take out tanks, SCUDs and nuclear reactors
- Rescue POWs and hostages used as human shields
Contributed by jamesoft (40) on Apr 13, 2006.
In Desert Strike Advance you join the U.S. Special Forces and blast your way through desert strongholds in a heavily armed helicopter.
Somewhere in the Middle East, a madman is about to start World War III, and it is up to you to stop him. As the captain of an Apache attack helicopter, you can choose one of five copilots, each with unique abilities.
The various missions in Desert Strike Advance will require you to destroy strategic targets like radar sites, power plants and airfields. You can also pick up spies and other friendly types using your trusty winch. The winch can hoist valuable supplies that keep you in the fight.
The key to victory in this war is mastering your chopper's controls. You can move in any direction and hover at will using the Control Pad, but avoiding enemy fire requires some fancy moves.
Desert Strike Advance is action-packed but still requires some careful thought. If you fly into an enemy camp with guns blazing, you'll have all the luck of an overweight rat at a boa constrictor convention. Instead, you should check the map and plan your attack so that you can eliminate targets one by one.
Look for Desert Strike Advance in stores now. Progress is password protected.
Contributed by Xoleras (65890) on Dec 26, 2004.
RETURN TO THE GULF
All the hot action of Operation Desert Storm with the game depth of an EA Air Force Sim. Pilot the Super Apache attack chopper on a surgical strike mission to disarm a hostile Mid-East tyrant and diffuse his nuclear arsenal.
Contributed by RKL (5605) on Sep 11, 2003.
STRIKE BACK FOR FREEDOM!
The Strike series comes to the Game Boy Advance...
Command an Apache attack helicopter against a military tyrant seeking global domination. By completing a challenging series of high-risk missions, you'll eliminate key military targets, rescue hostages, and rid the world of the threat in the desert!
Contributed by Corn Popper (69214) on Aug 11, 2002.
The Scuds Are Back!!!
- The Madman's got his finger on the SCUD trigger! Annihilate his Scud launchers before their deadly cargo wreaks havoc on the Western World!
- Battle the Madman's military machine over land, air and sea. One well placed Hellfire could send the tyrant down with his ship.
- Spearhead a rescue assault mission into Embassy City and break out American hostages being used as human shields!
- Check out the on-board computer battle maps and satellite data for locations of enemy MIGs, SCUDs, and dug-in tank encampments.
With a fiery blast from your Hellfire missiles you must annihilate a ruthless tyrant's military arsenal. Smoke his private yacht and tear into his air force as you challenge the Madman's forces in a series of surgical strikes. Rip through 27 fiery missions. Force is highly recommended.
Contributed by JPaterson (9099) on Jun 06, 2002.