DescriptionStreets of Rage, Sega's answer to Final Fight, follows the story of three young police officers (Adam Hunter, Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding) in a city controlled by a criminal syndicate led by a "Mr. X" where crime is rampant, which leads the three heroes to make a pact to leave the force and topple the syndicate by themselves.
Gameplay is straightforward and simple. Three buttons are used, one to jump, other to attack and another to perform a range attack from a support police car. Each character has a limited set of moves that include punching and kicking or performing a back attack (if in the open), two grapple moves (depending if holding the opponent in front or by the back), a flying attack, and if playing with another player two additional tag attacks, and different abilities: Adam is slow, but a good jumper and a hard hitter, Axel fast and also a hard hitter, but a lousy jumper and Blaze fast and a good jumper, but weak hitter. Levels are in typical arcade side-scroller fashion: move from left to right (with two exceptions), clearing screens from enemies one after another as fast as possible while avoid taking damage with a boss in the end. Some levels feature "death drops" where the player must avoid falling, while throwing enemies there at the same time, including a typical elevator level. Several items are scattered on the ground, from melee weapons and bonus points (and lives or additional police cars) to apples and turkeys (to restore health).
- "ベア・ナックル 怒りの鉄拳" -- Japanese spelling
- "SoR" -- Informal abbreviation
- "DSWAT" -- Working title
- "Bare Knuckle: Ikari no Tekken" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Bare Knuckle / Streets of Rage series
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Genre: Beat 'em up / Brawler
|A pretty good conversion||Gary Smith (15)|
|Classic scrolling beat-em-up||william sterry (7)|
The Press Says
|SegaFan.com||Mar 16, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Mega Fun||Jun, 1993||78 out of 100||78|
|Megablast||1993||66 out of 100||66|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|DSWAT||5||雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro- (58459)
Jul 20, 2013
- Many in-game sounds and even the main font were lifted directly from Revenge of Shinobi.
- In difficult situations, you can press the 'special attack' button. A cop will drive by in a car and set the entire environment on fire with a rocket launcher. The artwork of the police car may look familiar, it's exactly the same car used in E-SWAT: Cyber Police, an older SEGA arcade title which also got converted to the Megadrive.
ReleaseOne of the few games to be packed in with the Genesis.
Information also contributed by Robbb
Related Web Sites
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Streets of Rage.)
- Streets of Rage Online (Information source for all Streets of Rage games)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.