ThunderBlade (SEGA Master System)

3.2
Written by  :  Ash_1 (55)
Written on  :  Dec 14, 2004
Platform  :  SEGA Master System

read more reviews by Ash_1

Summary

A must-own classic.

The Good

The graphics in Thunderblade are awesome. The scenery (especially in the overhead levels) are intricately detailed and animated.

The Bad

Level 3 just plain sucks. I have owned this game for 16 years now, I bought it at Toys R Us back in 1988. I *STILL* have yet to complete Level 3. I have been stuck on stage 3-2 for that long, so rest assured this is a nightmare of a level.

The Bottom Line

Thunderblade is an action shooter much like Afterburner but much faster. The levels are split into 3 levels per stage, with a total of 4 stages. Level 1 introduces you to the stage with an overhead view, Level 2 is a behind-the-chopper view, much like Afterburner, and finally Level 3 is the boss battle. The Level 2 battles are difficult because the enemy is more aggressive in the behind-the-chopper levels. To make matters worse, stage 2-2 puts you through a cave. Not only do you have to dodge pillars of rock, but avoid tanks hiding in there also. The variety of scenery and beautiful graphics make Thunderblade another one of the better must-own titles for the neglected Master System.