DescriptionThis arcade game is based loosely on the 1996 blockbuster movie "Independence Day." Interspersed with cutscenes lifted from the film, the game consists of flying a jet through various missions in order to take down the gargantuan, city-destroying spaceships. This entails flying around the 3D level and taking out targets such as: communication uplinks, shield generators, the occasional alien fighter craft, and ultimately bringing down the major alien ship via a strike on its main cannon. Powerups are plentiful, such as medical packs that heal your jetcraft, bonus weapons, bonus planes, and an item that freezes enemy planes for a brief time.
Mission settings include the Grand Canyon, Washington D.C., and New York City. There are other missions that are provided on a need-to-know basis (as stated in the manual). The game also features 2-player head-to-head action via a network or null modem link.
There are no promo images for this game
- "天煞：地球反击战" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "Independence Day: The Game" -- European title
- "Independence Day - maailmojen sota" -- Finnish title
- "ID4" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: Su-27 & Su-33
- Independence Day licensees
- Inspiration: Movies
- Setting: City - New York
- Theme: Holidays (other than Halloween or Christmas)
There are no reviews for the SEGA Saturn release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mega Fun||May, 1997||72 out of 100||72|
|GamePro (US)||Apr, 1997||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Video Games||Aug, 1997||50 out of 100||50|
|Electric Playground||Apr 02, 1997||4 out of 10||40|
|Edge||Jun, 1997||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasThe game in Windows version comes with the making of Independence Day, the movie.
Related Web Sites
- Independence Day (official website)
- Video review of Independence Day (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews Independence Day for PlayStation.)