DescriptionThe Blue Bomber returns! The evil Dr. Wily discovers the remains of a strange robot that evidently came from space, and discovers a source of unbelieveablely powerful energy that could allow him to control the world with an army of unstoppable Robot Masters!
It's up to Mega Man to stop Wily once again! Now joined by a new ally, Duo, Mega Man takes off on his greatest mission yet!
- "Rockman 8: Metal Heroes" -- Japanese Title
- "Mega Man 8" -- European Title
- "ロックマン8 メタルヒーローズ" -- Japanese Spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman series
- PlayStation the Best series
- Protagonist: Robot
- Satakore (SegaSaturn Collection) releases
There are no reviews for the SEGA Saturn release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|SEGA-Mag (Objectif-SEGA)||Jun 02, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Electric Playground||May 21, 1997||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Revolution||Jul 29, 2004||B||75|
|Mega Fun||Mar, 1997||72 out of 100||72|
|GameSpot||Apr 15, 1997||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BossesMega Man 8, besides the first Mega Man game and Mega Man & Bass, is about the only other game to feature Wily Robot designs from Capcom. Tengu Man and Astro Man were Capcom creations; everyone else was submitted via Robot Design contests.
Release historyMega Man 8 almost wasn't released in the U.S., due to Sony saying it wasn't 3D enough. Capcom nearly had to fight them to get the game released in the U.S., but in the end Sony granted them the approval to release it.
- The opening and ending songs were altered from the Japanese version of the game. The opening song in the Japanese version was a song called Electric Communication from J-Pop group Ganasia, and the ending theme was another song from the band, called Brand New Way. In the U.S. and European versions they were replaced with instrumental songs.
- Although they weren't in the PlayStation version of Mega Man 8, if you play the Saturn version of this game, you'll run into two old foes making cameo appearances, and even going to fight you again! Who are these two foes? None other than Cut Man (from Mega Man) and Wood Man (from Mega Man 2). Cut Man appears in the intermission stage after you beat the first four Wily Robots, and Wood Man appears as a mini-boss in Seach Man's stage.
- The original release of this game came with an anthology booklet.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Mega Man 8: Anniversary Edition (Information about Mega Man 8: Anniversary Edition at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.