Z (SEGA Saturn)
missing cover art
DescriptionZ is a real-time strategy game in which you fight for control of the sectors, some of which contains manufactories that can gain you additional units. Touch the "flag" in the sector and it's yours. Capture the sector before the new unit comes out of the manufactory and the new unit is yours. With six different robots (different armaments, armor, and speed), multiple vehicles (from jeeps to tanks) the robots can utilize, your ultimate objective is to destroy the opponent's base, and prevent him from doing the same to you.
The game differs from many other RTSs by emphasizing territorial control (and the manufactories) instead of getting kills and gathering a big army. You have to finely balance defense and offense. If you wait too long, the enemy will grab all the manufactories first. If you go too fast, you'll get hammered for stretching yourself too thin. You can hijack enemy vehicles by shooting the driver off. If you send a group of soldiers toward an objective and they find a vehicle, one of them will split off to grab the vehicle; you don't really need to micromanage each soldier.
There are no SEGA Saturn screenshots for this game.
There are 34 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Z: The Game" -- GOG release title
- "Z Origins: Z The Game" -- Android title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the SEGA Saturn release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Video Games||May, 1998||87 out of 100||87|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaZ was Bitmap Brothers' first PC only title --not a conversion like any of their other PC titles...
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- The Chaos Regime - The Bitmap Brothers Tribute (Fan site with information, music, reviews and screenshots.)
- The ZZone (Fan website with news, forum, downloads etc.)
- Wikipedia: Z (A general article about the game in the open encyclopedia.)
- Z (Bitmap Brothers' site for "Z".)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.