DescriptionThe Shadows of Mordor is an officially licensed J.R.R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings" text adventure game based on the second part of the trilogy - "The Two Towers".
You can select to play as either Frodo or Sam. The game follows the plot of the book closely and many locations have accompanying illustrations. Unusually for a text adventure game, the action happens in real time: if you sit there thinking of what to do next, things will happen in the game, e.g. creatures will move from location to location.
- "Shadows of Mordor: Game Two Of Lord Of The Rings" -- UK tag-lined title
- "Shadows of Mordor" -- UK title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Inglish
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Literature
- The Tolkien Software Adventure series
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cover artThe cover art to the C64 version of this game is by Tolkien illustrator Ted Nasmith; entitled Shelob, it was first used in Unwin Paperbacks' 1987 calendar for the month of November.
- Computer and Video Games
- May 1988 (Issue #79) - Golden Joystick 1988 Award: Third in category Adventure Game of the Year