Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar Ad Blurbs (Sharp X1)
Advertising Blurbs1991-92 Origin Product Catalog:
ULTIMA: QUEST OF THE AVATAR (NES)
- Free 84-page full-color hint book included (A $10 value!)
- 5-year lithium battery saves scores and play positions
- Over 100 hours of game play
- More than 2 megabits of action-packed memory on one cartridge
Contributed by Jeanne (76656) on Oct 11, 2002.
ULTIMA IV – QUEST OF THE AVATAR
- 16 times larger than previous Ultimas with more dungeons, towns, villages and towers to visit.
- More than 30 distinctive magical spells you can call upon to aid in your quest.
- Fight, trade and converse with hundreds of creatures and characters.
- Over 100 hours of game-play.
- Full-length musical sound track in some computer formats.
Contributed by Jeanne (76656) on Oct 07, 2002.
THE BEGINNING OF THE AVATAR’S EPIC TALE
The diabolic Triad of Evil has been vanquished – but now a subtler evil has emerged. The world of Britannia is torn with strife, and the people have lost focus and direction in their lives. To lead them in the correct direction – to save their very souls – you must face the agonizing trials and struggles of becoming an Avatar. This requires demonstrating the eight virtues of Avatarhood in various victories over seemingly impossible odds!
Prepare yourself for a grand adventure: Ultima IV, sixteen times larger than Ultima III, is a milestone in computer gaming. Lord British has produced a game to challenge, not only your physical and mental skills, but the true fabric of your character.
- Two full game disks, front and back
- Full conversations with hundreds of characters
- Multiple range weapons
- Unified magic system of unmatched subtlety
- Dozens of combat screens
- Hundreds of individually designed dungeon chambers
- Dozens of unique shops to explore
The evil triad of Mondain, Minax, and the hellspawn Exodus, have been vanquished and peace reigns throughout the land of Britannia. Evil yet abounds, but in isolated pockets and in the hearts of men. A new age awaits the coming of one who can conquer evil on all frontiers through the mastery of both magic and the use of force. Daemons, dragons, and long-dead wizards still plague the countryside and must be destroyed. The seeker on the path of the Avatar will face hostile groups composed of mixed enemy types and will survive such encounters only by strategic use of weapons and terrain. Earthly victories over seemingly impossible odds lead to the final conflict, where the ultimate challenge - the self - awaits...
Contributed by Belboz (6583) on Apr 14, 2001.
From Origin comes the long-awaited sequel to the award-winning Ultima’ III
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
A state-of-the-art fantasy role-playing game of unprecedented magnitude by Lord British’.
Prepare yourself for a grand adventure: Ultima’ IV, sixteen times larger than Ultima III, is a milestone in computer gaming - one that challenges your physical and mental skills while testing the true fabric of your character.
Enter Britannia, kingdom of Lord British. Journey through terrain of infinite proportions, conversing with characters on hundreds of topics. Unravel the mysteries of a superior magic system. At each turn beware of daemons, dragons and long-dead wizards haunting the most tranquil of places. Encounters with parties of mixed enemy types test your strategic abilities. Shrewd use of terrain can lead to victory against seemingly impossible odds.
Survive this multi-quest fantasy, then begin the final conflict, your quest of the Avatar. The ultimate challenge - the self - awaits...
Contributed by Belboz (6583) on Apr 12, 2001.