DescriptionThe ShowText system is a programming language, designed for developing interactive DOS applications with a customized TUI (text-based user interface) and mouse support. The system was originally distributed as a shareware product, and each release came with a selection of demonstration programs - including games. As of the final revision (v2.2, released as freeware) the package includes the following games:
- Attack (aka Aliens in earlier versions), in which you hunt down invading ships with the mouse cursor before they laser the city to death
- Bricks, a Breakout clone
- Card Match, a concentration game with standard playing cards
- Cave-Dive, where you must collect diamonds while dodging bombs and cave walls, all in free-fall
- Depth Charge, similar to Deep Scan, where a destroyer must time its charges to destroy the roving submarines below the surface
- Land-Mine, a Minesweeper variant
- Lights-Off, an adaptation of the electronic puzzle game Lights Out
- MasterMind, revisiting the classic code-breaking board game of the same name
- Number Guessing, which gives you five attempts to guess a number between 1 and 50 based on visual cues
- Peg Jump (aka Pegs), a game of peg solitaire
- Puzzle, the familiar basic 4x4 sliding tile puzzle
- Reverse, which challenges you to arrange the scrambled digits from 1 to 9 by reversing parts of the sequence at a time
- Sequence Repeat, a 'Simon Says' game with optional sound
- Shooting Gallery, the well-known carnival shooting game, now in ASCII form
- Towers, a Tower of Hanoi puzzle, playable with 3-7 discs
- Wiggle-Worm, a multi-level Snake-like game (including instructions for designing additional levels using the ShowText language)
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.